In partnership with Chesterfield County School District, the mission of Edwards Elementary School, where a nurturing foundation for formal education and social development connect, is to prepare students to become responsible individuals by creating a positive school environment where dedicated staff, parents, and community members work together to provide opportunities for success and creativity through academics and the arts.
- We believe all children are capable of learning if a variety of instructional approaches are used to support their learning.
- We believe parents should take an active and supportive role in their child's education.
- We believe children are unique and have special talents.
- We believe cultural diversity is an asset.
- We believe all faculty and staff have high expectations for all children.
- We believe children have the right to learn in a safe environment and positive climate.
- We believe successful schools have effective communication.
- We believe members of the community should share in the responsibility for learning.
- We believe children should respect themselves, others, and the environment.
- We believe children should be responsible for their own actions and share in the responsibility for their own learning.
- We believe all children are entitled to the best education possible